Sunday, May 17, 2009

One week, many kilometers

From Paris to Tel Aviv.

Toasters in Paris

Photobucket

Laundry detergent in Tel Aviv

Photobucket


Last weekend Nick and I drove to Paris to pick up his mom. We had a nice weekend with some relaxing and a few touristy things, like the Opera...

Photobucket


Saturday we had dinner with Nick's mom, her friend Susan, and Romain, who is Nick's stepdad's cousin's son. Got that? When I was a student in Paris, he and I used to meet every Thursday for lunch- seven years flew by! As a group we wandered to the Eiffel Tower.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Nick's mom had a walker. When she stopped to spend time buying souvenirs, I sat in it while we waited. Nick insisted on taking a photo, and he covered my legs and said "now you look just like Franklin Roosevelt!" Here is a picture of me laughing and looking like Franklin Roosevelt.

Photobucket

Then I went to Israel.... just a few days for work, so no Nick pictures. Beach near the port of Tel Aviv (Mediterranean Sea).

Photobucket


Church

Photobucket



Watch out for the humping road! It just doesn't take no for an answer.

Photobucket

No comments: