Sunday, February 27, 2011

Socks

I've been looking for a particular set of striped baby socks. Striped socks shouldn't be too hard to find, right? That's what I thought, until I walked into baby store after baby store for the past month and walked out empty handed each time. So, the other day, I walked into yet another baby store, or shall I say baby boutique. I can't help myself, I check every store I pass for these damn socks. I saw stripes! ... mixed with dots? Yes, purposely mismatched socks- one stripe and one dots for each pair. In the midst of $50 hand sewn stuffed mice and $30 infant tee-shirts, I had a few realizations: 1) the adorable mouse's head could easily be ripped off 2) I'm tired of $30 baby tee-shirts, organic/soft/well-designed/clever as they might be for the month or two Zoltar could fit into a given size 3) there's a limit to how much effort a person can put forth for socks and I had reached it 4) if you're going to get away with mismatched socks in life, babyhood is the time...

So I bought the socks! Aren't they cute?! This also serves as public notice that Zoltar's mismatched socks are no accident.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can see that I'm training Batman for the next phase in his life, one sure to be marked with utter confusion and forced patience.

No comments: