Monday, February 7, 2011

Womb-book

Babies! Zoltar has a new cousin, his first and only, named Zoey Jane. We talked to my belly and shared the news, and I said in my Zoltar voice (which is uncannily similar to my mouse/ant voice) "I already KNOW, I saw it on womb-book."

Photobucket 

Zoey Jane and her proud parents

Photobucket



Photobucket


And as for Zoltar, here we are together at 24 weeks!

Photobucket

He is kicking more and more often. I've felt him for almost six weeks, and within the last couple of weeks, Nick has been able to feel him and even see my stomach move when Zoltar kicks. El bebe has also getting more and more demanding in his cravings. For the first few months my sweet tooth all but disappeared, and the only strange craving (which still persists!) was for extra scoops of Chipotle's mild salsa. See if you can tell what his highness wants lately...

Photobucket

Breakfast foods: dairy, sugar, and fruit! The kid already has good taste- heavenly vanilla brioche French toast with syrup, berries, and marscapone cheese, which is a brilliant addition to balance out the sweetness. On Sunday, my lunch was a glass of chocolate milk, a milkshake, and a latte. Say what? As I type this, I'm waiting for my chocolate strawberry shortcakes to finish baking, and you can bet your ass there's dairy involved (sour cream topping!) I know this isn't just me looking for an excuse to eat; milkshakes aren't my style. Surprisingly, I don't eat as much as I thought I would as a preggo, because the baby is quickly taking over the stomach real estate that's normally reserved for extra food! Being pregnant with Zoltar is my firsthand experience with gentrification in NYC. When the ultrasound reveals he's opened up a miniature Starbucks in my womb, we'll know he's ready for a change of neighborhood.

No comments: