Sunday, April 24, 2011

Visitors, 2011 edition

A lot has changed since the 2010 edition, but the one constant is that New York City attracts visitors. As we now hit the 8 month mark, our small apartment is transitioning from visitor crash pad into baby bed and breakfast. We had back to back friends visit us over the past week. First, Minnesota girls and I soaked up the relative sunshine in Central Park, which is finally filling with cherry blossoms and tulips.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the girls left for Minnesota (which is still getting snow, what?!) we had Iowa visitors. One important order of business was to eat together at Babbo, which requires a reservation exactly a month in advance (no sooner, no later.) Clearly, we're running out of time for this nonsense.

Photobucket
35 week belly
Nobody warned our visitors that women who are 8 months pregnant are lame! Well, that's because I didn't know I would be so lame! I nap, I go to bed early and give them a set of keys, I bow out of walking around Times Square (and long walks in general!), I insist on stopping for ice cream and mint lemonade. Five more weeks can seem like a disproportionately long time in this state of discomfort.

Luckily my lameness seemed to wear off a little on everybody else!
Photobucket

And now we're all off to the Knicks/Celtics game for some Easter celebrating!

No comments: