Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our Park

Ferris is three weeks old today. The old cliche is true: time flies when you're having fun! I love his squawks, squeaks, yawns, stretches, cries, smell, hair, back fuzz, startle reflex, impatient breathing, flailing limbs, crossed eyes, sleepy smiles, eyelashes, hiccups, spit bubbles and surely there's more I'm neglecting to list. A 3 week present for me- I tried on my prepreg jeans (you're not supposed to do this!!) and they fit. Oh, snap.

We just finished a little stop motion video that we've been working on for the past nine months. Nick and I adore it and hope you enjoy it too! It's about as good as you can expect out of a project by two people who are good at math! It was so fun to finish it, but a little sad that such a big "to do" is crossed off and all of the mysteries I once mulled over have been solved.


Lots of celebrating- Nick's first father's day and our 6th anniversary over the weekend!
Photobucket

I've spent just about every day at Central Park. Sometimes the ball fields or pickup basketball or the Great Lawn or meeting a little Dutch baby friend. Ferris sleeps so well when I take him in the stroller; it's the one certainty in his tiny world. He's a little like the garden gnome in Amelie that travels all over, his sleep face popping up in random places.

A new tree planting in the park: new tree, new baby! The last picture is on one of the engraved benches and says "How perfect is this, how lucky are we." Officially my favorite bench. I love to read them as I pass and sit on good ones. We were daydreaming about having one engraved for Ferris, but a quick little search revealed that it's $25,000 (!!!!)
Photobucket

Sometimes the walk to the park is just as interesting as the park itself. How many infants get to meet Heidi Klum?
Photobucket

With a former colleague and his new baby at the Central Park Boathouse
Photobucket

His first bath, only one of us cried. Not Ferris.
Photobucket


Yawny faces, love!
Photobucket


And I leave you with one last video from this week. I can't possibly find the stamina to keep this level of documentation up for long!

3 comments:

Lynnea said...

I had no idea that you had such videography skills! That video is amazing. Ferris will LOVE it someday. Your deep love for him is so clear throughout it. I also love the bathtime caption. :)

Nick and Erica Everywhere said...

Aw Lynnea, I love your comments! The little walking segments are actually a bunch of photos stitched together (about 50 pictures for each little segment!) Can't wait to catch up, I'm (of course!) around whenever you find a break in your busy days!

Nick and Erica Everywhere said...

And p.s. not sure if you noticed, but you appeared quite a few times at the beginning of the video :)