Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Middle of month 2 (already!?)

Well, it seems as though Ferris has quickly transformed from a newborn into a full fledged baby. And we've transformed into parents, although it's still too new to "automatically" think of ourselves as such. For my part, this has been accompanied by overwhelming pangs of nostalgia. Every moment feels so big and each happy day feels bittersweet.

Photobucket
Extra Bittersweet = Newman tried to commit suicide and jump out the window when I took this picture!

We are left with the option of staying in our small apartment or hanging out in the backyard. Luckily, we have a pretty badass backyard!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love seeing Nick and Ferris together for a million reasons. I hold F all the time, so of course it's nice to give my shoulders a break. But it's also funny how Ferris seems to shrink when I hand him over to Nick. I get used to the size of his face, but when Nick is holding him he suddenly appears to be so tiny and fragile and extra adorable. Nick comes up with all sorts of little games for him or funny things to say.

Photobucket
The how long till baby falls over game

Photobucket
The sticking tongues out game

Also, when Nick holds him, I can see his tufts of hair in the back. I call his hair "heaven on a stick." The back is so thick and soft and wispy. I smell it and rub my face in it and form it into little mohawk peaks. As  you can see, the transition from bald to hairy is this random triangle shape in the middle of his noggin.

Photobucket

I usually just give lots of kisses and say, "hi, hi, hello" like I (apparently) did when he was born. Ferris has so much fun with Nick, and so much fun being alive in general. Every day I learn a little more about life by watching Ferris discover his.

Photobucket

And now, a word from Ferris. (Yes, little babbles that just started popping up every once in awhile- he really gets goin about a minute in!)


No comments: