Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Oh, the places.

When summer ends, it's especially bittersweet for me. Last year, it was moving on from the season of Ferris's birth, and this year moving on from the novelty of so many life changes. Next summer he'll be expressing full sentences and who knows what else. Summer is my timekeeper now.

And now it's fall, more beautiful than I remember. Although in Minnesota, fall is abbreviated in favor of winter. We had fun walking around our neighborhood, which is full of colorful trees. And random cats who decided to join the boys for a picture (literally just walked over to them as I started to take photos!)


We spent a weekend in Des Moines and it was so great to get Ferris together with his cousin Zoey. In the past she was pretty aggressive, but she's softening with age. She wavered between kissing and a cold shoulder, which is much more gentle than their past encounters. They spent hilariously awkward time running around in crooked lines around the Des Moines sculpture park.

Oh, Ferris. So cute these days, in a distinctively not baby way. He uses so much sign language, and grabs things out of the cupboard, and seems so curious and finally started to say "mama." For ages, he would say "dada" just to mess with me and then laugh in my face.

He was reading a book before bed and I really wanted to get a picture. Like most full on photo ops, he was not having any of it, so of course the best picture of them all is when he threw the book in the middle of my shot. He looks like a frat boy in this shirt, I miss onesies.
 
And that was that.

No comments: