Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Eau de Syrup

Happy New Year!
I'm excited to finally use my gorgeous new planner!
We had a lovely time celebrating with our friends and had a crazy dinner party with 9 live lobsters! Since they were hosting, we took on the task of buying them and transporting them. I was slightly paranoid that they would get out and claw us. Zero of us had experience with lobster, but with the help of google, we had a pretty successful night. The entertainment value alone was worth it. Fear! Excitement! Drama! Food!
The crowd watched with awe and wonder.

I'm not one to make resolutions by any means, but we've decided to make January the month of salads! We are trying to eat a salad for dinner for every single day of the month. Here we go again with the gimmicks, but it's much easier to stick with such a simple plan. It stretches our health, creativity, and skills. I think our friends Ran and Hadas will be especially proud of us since they are way ahead in the area of vegetable eating. Ok, I wrote it out loud, so you can hold us accountable. Day 1: Fingerling Potato Salad with Balsamic-Mustard Vinaigrette. Luckily, even Nick was won over with this salad, we're off to a great start!

*As for the title of this post, Ferris smells faintly of sugar these days, and Nick has aptly coined his toddler aroma "Eau de Syrup." I'm still amused.

No comments: